Sunday, May 18, 2008

The parade, weather, food, . . .

Being a judge at Lombard's Lilac Parade was fun. I think I've been a judge for the past 4 or 5 years. Lots of fire engines, floats and bands. I think they have somewhere around 50,000 people watching the parade! ■ The weather was cool, overcast, and hinting of rain. It's been like that almost every year for the parade. I keep hearing "Oh, it's been hot some years." - I just haven't seen it. ■ Food! Every year our friends the Murphys host a post parade party. Food! There was so much food! Brats, chicken, homemade salsa, guacamole, apple pie, carrot cake, coleslaw, potato salad, Brazilian tomato salad, brownies, . . . and the list goes on. ■ And we did a bit of jammin' with a few guitars. Even played "bye, bye, miss American pie, . . . drove my chevy to the levy and . . . . . ■ At any rate, I'm bushed again. Two days in a row. "Early to bed and early to rise . . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment