Thursday, May 8, 2008

Just where was that street?

It's been a busy day so far - and it's far from over. This morning, amongst other things, I had to choose some silver to place in an exhibition. I chose 3 pieces and then, of course, had to polish them, photograph them for my records After that I drove to Palatine to give them to the Kalo Foundation president and to have a lovely lunch she and her husband. I have to give kudos to Betsy (the president) for all of her hard work. I wish I could do more, but I'm so far away geographically from Park Ridge that it makes it difficult. ■ After lunch it was back her to work on a handout of a historical map of Park Ridge artists. Pretty easy except for the fact that one of the addresses doesn't make any sense - any more. I've got an address of 306 Des Plaines Street - but - Des Plaines street runs east/west with addresses in the 1600 to 1800's. Hmmm . . . this sounds like there was another street named Des Plaines, but has since been renamed to something else. . . . so I called the local Park Ridge expert. Ed is doing some research to find it. He sort of remembers it, but it's been a long, long time since Des Plaines was renamed to something else. I await his phone call. ■ Now I've got to run and get a package out in time for Mother's Day. More later. ■ 10:15 pm - I did sweet Italian sausage on the grill tonight. Sauted some onions; had picked up some rolls from Jewel; a little BBQ sauce; and it was delicious. ■ I just took a typical "Mollie on the bed" picture. I'll post it in tomorrow's blog. ■


No comments:

Post a Comment