Saturday, May 10, 2008

Lilacs, grass cutting, open mics

The lilacs are starting to bloom. They're beautiful in the spring. We have two lilac bushes - one by the edge of the garage (in the foreground) and the other in the back corner of the yard - way back there. They'll be blooming just in time for the Lombard Lilac Parade next Sunday. Of course that's in Lombard, IL - not Cary, IL. I'll be at the parade as a judge next Sunday. Maybe I'll do a blog post from there. ■ I cut the backyard yesterday afternoon, but I still need to cut the front. I'll do that in just a little bit. ■ I'm going to an open mic tonight. Some of us are getting together to go over a few songs (I don't even know what songs yet) later on this afternoon and then we'll go to the mic as a band. I'm looking forward to it. ■ More later. ■ Decided not to go to the open mic. I found out that there would be 7 guitar players in "the band". Too many guitarists for me. You'd never get a chance to play. Sort of like having 7 quarterbacks on a football team. ■ My wife planted flowers this afternoon. They look good. Maybe, if it's not raining, pictures tomorrow. ■

No comments:

Post a Comment