Thursday, May 29, 2008

Drawing and weighing in . . .


It's late in the day. I've been doing a drawing, actually 2 drawings, of a home. As you can see it's the front of the house and the back of the house. My customer has some sort of project she wants to do with these. The drawings are small. I almost always prefer to do larger drawings as you can get more details in the finished product. When I started drawings I began with 4"x6" drawings. They went quickly, but I was unable to put the detail in that they really needed. So I went a size larger - 8x10 and found that those were actually a bit easier . . . and then to the 11x14, which I found I could put much more detail in - and, in some ways, it was easier working on the larger drawings. They do, however, take much longer to complete. ■ I've been losing some weight lately. It's feeling good and I want to keep at it. Now I've just got to push myself to remember to get on the treadmill every day and get that needed exercise in. ■ I've got to run an errand quickly. Maybe more later. ■ 10:45 pm - My errand was running to Jewel, our local grocery store, to pick up some steak for dinner. I did that and then had a margarita on our patio with my neighbor Jac. Jac's son brought him home some cigars from his trip to Mexico. I don't smoke cigars, so I'll assume that they're good. ■ Cooked the steaks on the grill and Holly cooked some broccoli. Delicious. ■ Tomorrow the treadmill!


2 comments:

  1. Great pictures - Great flowers! And congratulations on the weight loss............tell everyone your secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had a secret, easy way to lose weight. It's just eating and drinking less and trying to stay away from salt. Now comes the dreaded treadmill.

    ReplyDelete