Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Late night post

10:45 pm - A late night post, because sometimes that all the time there is. I got home about 30 minutes ago from a Kalo Foundation meeting. I drove down to Park Ridge early to have dinner with Betsy and Warren. Betsy is the president of the Kalo Foundation and had some things to give me to do - and I'll be busy tomorrow with it. ■ One of the people at the meeting brought a Park Ridge/Des Plaines Illinois phone book from 1944. My grandparents on my father's side were listed. I took a couple of pictures of it. This same person had a book of photographs of Park Ridge going back to the turn of the century - (1900 not 2000!). One of the pictures was of my parent's jewelery store. Those pictures brought back memories. ■ My back is very slowly getting better. It's really frustrating to be out of commission with this back. Can't bend over to pick stuff up; can't stand, or walk for long periods; it's painful getting to a standing position from a chair . . . just a real pain. ■ The Cubs are losing - make that lost 10 to 7. ■ Time for bed. Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment