Monday, March 10, 2008

Time changes . . . and . . . .

5:30 am - We went through time changes this weekend. The Caribbean is 2 hours ahead of us and we had to change our clocks at home to an hour ahead ("spring forward, fall behind"). For us the transition was probably smoother as we only had to adjust for 1 hour rather than 2. However, we still had to set all of our clocks here at home an hour ahead. All, of course, except that I forgot to change the alarm setting on our clock radio in our bedroom. We had to be up very early the Friday we left so I set the alarm to 3:00 am --- and you guessed it! - it went off at 3:00 am this morning. Not so bad. I simply turned the alarm off and went back to sleep - but with a nagging "something in my mind" that something wasn't right. My sleep induced, bad cold, slow-as-molasses-in-March thoughts finally got around to the fact that I needed to get up and reset the alarm for 5:00 am, or we'd sleep way past the time for us to get up and get to work. Talk about crawling up from the abyss! At any rate I finally did it and reset the alarm. I ended getting up around 4:30 am. Now my back is kind of out. Oh joy. ■

No comments:

Post a Comment