Friday, March 28, 2008

Ramblings . . .

The picture is of our living room. Ok, it's not the whole living room. I'd need to take a few pictures to cover it. ■ The Grandfather Clock (I know it doesn't need/should be capitalized, but it's a sign of respect in this case) was hand-build by my father-in-law. It's beautiful. I wish he were still around. The picture to the right of the clock (just above the ladder-back chair) is a beautiful watercolor painting of our home done by my good friend Johnna Stutler (www.SimplyJohnna.com). It was a gift from her to my wife and I. I love the painting and wish I could do half as well. ■ The painting on the wall above the table on the left side of the picture is of the Scott farm, which is now part of O'Hare airport. My grandmother on my father's side was a Scott. ■ The couches - both have flame-stitched upholstery. The one in the foreground belonged to my grandparents on my mother's side; the love seat on the right side belonged to my parents. ■ I do believe that I'm rambling . . . and I'm tired. It's almost 11:00 pm. I haven't been up this late in a long time. Time for bed. ■



No comments:

Post a Comment