Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sunny and warm . . . I'm lovin' it!

A nice, sunny, warm day. It's good to see the snow leaving. Hopefully we won't see anymore of it. I think everyone has had enough snow this year. The snow leaving has uncovered a ton of fallen sticks from my trees. I wonder if I'd be better off using a rake to get them all. Hmmm . . . ■ I'm cooking chicken on the grill tonight. In fact I'd better start the grill. Back later. ■ 8:35 pm - The chicken turned out pretty well. When it gets warmer I'll smoke the chicken instead of just putting it on the grill. ■ We watched a History Channel show about diamonds. Very interesting. I've seen some of it before, but never the whole thing - typical male - I'm a nonstop-remote-channel-switcher -- I almost never see a whole show of anything. They began talking about the diamond mining in South Africa and I said "ah, kimberlite dykes." I explained to my wife that I thought that kimberlite dykes were basically pipes of magma forced up in the earth, but said that it had been too many years since I had completed my geology minor for me to be sure. With that Holly got up and went to her pc to look it up - I simply grabbed my iphone and looked it up on the web. It's been pretty nice having the iphone. All of my blog posts from the cruise were via the iphone. I could internet access anywhere I had a cell phone connection. Unfortunately (for me) the international-roaming-data-rates were kind of expensive. Next cruise will only have blog updates from Puerto Rico! ■ Did any of the previous make any sense? I'm not sure, but I am going to bed now. Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. Hope your snow is all gone. After a couple of days of almost 60 degrees - we don't have much left at all. Counting down 'til our trip south to Mexico. Thanks for the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow is leaving us slowly, but surely. Mexico sounds like fun. Warm weather, cold Coronas, sandy beach and clear, blue water . . . I'm in!

    ReplyDelete