Thursday, July 17, 2008

Our scales of justice


I'm back after 3 days of jury duty. I did end up on a jury for a criminal trial. It was a very interesting experience and gave all of us as jurors a peek into our court system. Was it like the tv show Law & Order? Yes. There were opening statements. The attorneys called their witnesses; there were cross examinations and recrosses; objections - overruled and sustained; each side resting their case and finally the attorneys closing statements. As jurors we were given instructions and sent to a jury room to deliberate. It was an interesting and valuable experience. ■ I didn't get home last night until 10:15 pm. The jury was kept at the courthouse until 9:30 pm. As such I need to get out and cut some grass, but first I've got to get some gas for the mower - and the price of gas keeps going up and up and up. Who'd have thought that we'd have to start budgeting for gas to mow our lawns?! ■ More later . . . . . ■■■ Ok, I mowed the lawns. Did steak on the grill tonight. Not bad, but not great steak. ■ I think I may mow the backyards tomorrow. It's supposed to rain this weekend and maybe thru Monday. I don't want to let the lawn go that long without cutting it. ■ The band has a gig this Saturday. Can't wait to play, but wish we could have practiced last night. Jury delibirations kept me/us from that. ■



No comments:

Post a Comment