Sunday, July 27, 2008

Late nights, chicken, berries, and smokers . . . . .

The picture on the right is one of the band performing last night at Lumpy's Bar in Wisconsin. It's also one of the few times the band actually lets me sing! ■ It was a late gig - played from 10:00 pm to 2:00 am and Holly and I didn't get home until way after 3:00 am. Needless to say, I'm tired. Didn't get much sleep and I'm ready for bed. ■ Today was a beautiful day. Sunny, about 82ยบ and the humidity wasn't too bad. I mowed my yard and 2 of my neighbor's yards. Not a bad day's work for someone as tired as I am. ■ What else? I did chicken on the grill tonight and I must say I did another fantastic job. Delicious. And my wife made some short bread and put fresh blueberrys and raspberries on it along with a little whipped cream. Mmmm . . . boy that was goooood! ■ I stopped and looked at a Brinkman smoker today. Only $40. I had one for 16 years that was given to me by our great friends Cheryl and Bill on my 40th birthday. The water pan for that rusted out - only because I'd dropped it a few years ago and chipped off some of the enamel. The water pan finally rusted out and I disposed of the smoker earlier this year. I'm thinking of getting another one as people keep requesting my smoked salmon - which I smoke on my Weber grill. But the salmon would be much better smoked on a smoker. I've got to smoke salmon for this Saturday and again in another 2 weeks. Hmmm . . . . . ■ All for now. I'm off to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment