Sunday, June 1, 2008

What a beautiful Sunday.

This picture is from early this morning - ok, maybe not so early - around 9:00 am - I took it when I went out to get the Sunday paper before breakfast. It's been a gorgeous day - sunny, temps in the mid 70s, and medium humidity. ■ The tree you see in picture is a silver maple. It sheds it's seeds - commonly known as helicopters, about this time of year. And, boy, do we have a bumper crop of them this year! They're just thick on the driveway, patio, and lawn. We bought a new, smaller (16'), extension ladder at Home Depot so I could (and I did) clean the gutters. The gutters are filled with the helicopters. I have a 24' extension ladder, but it's just too heavy to move around for cleaning my gutters. I still need it 'cause it's a 2-story home, but all my gutters are at the 1st story level. ■ Jac, my across-the-street-neighbor, asked me to come over to see his corvette. He has to replace one of the head gaskets and he's disassembled the engine. He knows my famed mechanical abilities and wanted me to see it. I'm impressed. I've never seen the inside of an engine before. I think I could take one apart (-easy - just unscrew things), but putting one back together - not gonna happen. I need to get some pictures. ■ I've been working on an update to the Kalo Foundation website (www.kalofoundation.org). I'm putting together a historical places map of Park Ridge. And while I have addresses and names, some of the people listed - all important - don't have anything I can find about them via the net. I'll check tomorrow at the Kalo Foundation meeting to see if anyone has the data I need. ■ Did salmon on the grill tonight. Delicious. All for tonight. ■

No comments:

Post a Comment