Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bats in the sky and kids who don't know better . . .

Bats. Sitting out on the patio tonight at dusk Jac, Holly and I saw a couple of bats flying around. They weren't flying erratically, so I assume they weren't rabid. It is something to watch for. ■ When I was in grade school my cousin and I were on our way to school and we found a bat lying on the baseball field. We looked around and found an old paper bag and we used sticks to push the bat into the bag. We then took the bat to school. I don't remember what happened to it, but looking back on it I'm sure it was sick - ie rabid. But, heck, we were kids and what did we know? ■ I picked up 6 slabs of ribs and a salmon to smoke. I'll have to post some pictures tomorrow of the prep and feast. ■



No comments:

Post a Comment