Tuesday, November 1, 2011

We’ve all done it . . . . . .

110111_001

. . . left the house for work with mismatched something.  My wife did it today . . . and no one notices until you, yourself, points it out.  ■  I’ve done it twice – both times were mismatched suits.  The first time someone at the Cary train station pointed it out.  I called Holly and said I had the blue suit coat and gray suit pants – she asked it she should bring the matching coat, or pants – funny.  The second time I didn’t notice it until I had been on the train for awhile.  Nothing to do but arrive at work looking like a schmuck.  After arriving at work I hung the suit coat in a closet after my boss noticed that the coat on the back of my chair didn’t match my pants (she always dressed very well).  Later that morning she and I had to go to a meeting and I went and got my suit coat.  Yes, I put it back.  She wouldn’t let me wear it to the meeting.  At least it was better then when I ripped my suit pants installing pcs.  I caught those pants on something underneath a desks when routing some wiring – a story for another day.  ■  My boss fired and hired me back today.  Nothing serious, but if he has employees it will cost him a few thousand in insurance, or something like that.  I was re-hired as a independent contractor.  ■  I may go out and get the iPhone 4S tomorrow.  We’ll see.  My iPhone is the original iPhone – it’s over 4½ years old and has been giving me connection problems for the last few months.  Got to check out the costs, etc.  ■  Wow – this is a long post.  I haven’t written this much in a long, long time.  ■  At any rate it’s time for bed.  Up early tomorrow for our Chamber of Commerce’s networking meeting.  ■

No comments:

Post a Comment