Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My mind wanders . . . again . . . . .

St. Patrick's Day. It's not really a holiday. "Really" a holiday. No, not even "really" a holiday. But we do like to celebrate it. If fact Holly and I had a Smithwick's beer to celebrate the day. ■ I posted a picture of the walking stick that my good friend Terry carved for me. And while he's of Irish descent, the stick he carved is of in the style of northwest primitive. It's a real piece of art. The picture in this blog post is not large, but I think you can make out the head and wings of an eagle at the top. Each symbol he carved has a special meaning and tells a story. I asked him to write it down, which he did. and I do have it here someplace - and if I can find it I'll post more pictures of it along with the story it tells. It's a fasinating piece of carving and I love it. ■ Sticks: There are lots of sticks in our yard that have fallen from the trees. Sticks and DS (dog stuff.) In fact I picked up some DS over the last couple of days. Still lots to go - as well as sticks. ■ What else? Oh, yeah, both our children want us to send the recipes. Maybe a cookbook is in order. Hmmm . . . . anyone got some good recipes? ■ Being out in the yard over the past couple of days tells me that I've got some yard work to do. I think I'll take some pictures of it, ask for suggestions on what to do, and take some pictures of the progress. And man, I need suggestions. ■ Time for bed. Good night.



No comments:

Post a Comment