Thursday, November 6, 2008

Old radios. The one to the left is similar to the one I used to listen to the radio stations WLS, WCFL, WVON & WGN on. I think it was my grandparent's (on my mother's side) radio. You had to turn a knob to turn the dial and tune in the station you wanted. I got so I could easily turn the knob to go between WLS and WCFL without looking. Memories . . . . . I'm sure that radio was probably thrown out at some point. Wish I had it now. ■ The weather has turned towards cold. I was told that it was snowing out west and that it is headed our way. I'll have to check our weather forecast. . . . . and I just did. A chance of snow showers tomorrow and Saturday. Burrrr. I don't think I'm ready for that. ■ So, does anyone else remember those old radios?



2 comments:

  1. We had one like this http://www.palominogroup.net/resources/old+radio.jpg at my grandparents house at 128th and Wentworth. BTW, did you hear that "someone" (without my permission) put a Baden guitar on layaway at Buddy's?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Baden guitars are really nice instruments. They're all handmade by a just few luthiers in Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete