Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gout . . . day 2 . . . . .

042809_001

This is my 2nd day with a gout attack.  It started yesterday morning and finally got pretty bad around 6:00 pm or so yesterday.  This morning when I got up it was bad so I made a trip to my rheumatologist.  By the time I got there and got to see him the foot had improved enough that he didn’t think there was enough fluid to draw out of a joint in order to test it.  Yes, they have to stick a needle in one of your affected bone joints and withdraw fluid.  It sounds painful to me.  At any rate here it is 5:00 pm and the bottom of my left foot is pounding – it feels like the foot is expanding and contracting.  It’s difficult to walk.  And certainly not without a cane, or two.  ■  Time to feed the dogs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment