Thursday, April 9, 2009

From ships to old photos . . . a journey . . . . .

In reading the news I noticed that the US Navy's ship on station watching the pirates was the USS Bainbridge. There was a ship of the same name when I was in the navy. In fact the ship that currently carries the Bainbridge name is the 5th one to do so. The one I was familiar with was decommissioned in 1995. At any rate, I was going through my pc looking for pictures of my ship - the USS Long Beach (CGN-9) - when I stumbled across this picture. It's one of me and a college friend, Sunti, taken when I was in Bangkok in 1972. Sunti had moved back to Thailand and I think was working for IBM at the time. Memories . . . the old photos bring them back. And, boy, was I skinny then! The passing of time brings changes! ■




1 comment:

  1. Let's see...1972...yep I was skinny back then too. A skinny little 6th grader at St. Francis Xavier Catholic School. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete