Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Amps, tubes, . . . . . . .

I'm back at work today. Took yesterday off as the pain med made me woozy and unable to drive a car safely. ■ Had to change the power tubes in an amp tonight. I'd never done it before, but it was pretty simple and straightforward. If I ever have to change tubes in any of my amps I'll know how to do it. And thinking about it I've got quite a few. I've never had to replace tubes in any of them -yet. One of the amps I purchased as it was not only very inexpensive, but some reviews had said that simply replacing the stock tubes with better quality tubes and replacing the stock speaker with a better speaker gave you a $3000 boutique amp. Now that I know how easy it is to replace the tubes . . . ■ And speaking of amps - I'm anxious to try out my "new" (actually built in the 1980's) Laney AOR 30 amp. I bought it used a couple of weeks ago and had a couple of things repaired on it. I've had another one of these up in my office for a few years, but it's too fragile to gig with. This "new" one is now gig-ready. I'll use it this Saturday night for our gig at Jimmy D's. ■ Oh, the picture in this post is the view from my office chair. ■ Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment