Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday dinner with friends . . . . .

We had a quiet day. Even now the dogs are lying down - Mollie in the upstairs hallway and Zoe - curled up on top of my sweater that I had worn and spread out on the bed with intentions of folding it and putting it back in the dresser. That folding will have to wait awhile. ■ Had a great dinner at Cheryl and Bill's house. They cooked ham and asparagus while we brought mashed potatoes and some smoked salmon and steelhead trout. It was a good meal topped off with some delicious pudding for dessert. Mmmm . . . . . ■ Smoking fish: Holly mistakenly brought home some steelhead trout rather than salmon. They do look rather similar at the store and I do understand how she mistook one for the other. She went back and bought some salmon to smoke, but I thought why not try and smoke the trout also. I'm glad I did. It was good. Maybe I should try some other types of fish too. ■ And the week begins . . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment