Sunday, February 22, 2009

Of turkey, headlights, dogs and soup . . . . . . .


It was a relaxing day. Slept late (always a nice thing!); made a short trip to AutoZone to get a headlight bulb for Holly's car. Luckily I have a great neighbor, Jac, who's very gifted when it comes to cars as I'm lost with anything mechanical. Jac kindly put the bulb in for me. Thanks, Jac. I do appreciate it. ■ We had a couple of turkeys in the freezer, so I fired up the grill and cooked one of them. It was very good. We'll make soup out of the considerable remains. In fact we really wanted the turkey for soup and most likely turkey enchiladas. Holly's going to make her "regular" turkey soup and I'm going to make a batch with turkey and sausage. And maybe a hot pepper, or two. Heck, maybe I should make it a hot & sour turkey-sausage soup. We'll see what happens. ■ And of course I had to include a picture of our dogs as they take a nap before actually going to bed. What a life!



No comments:

Post a Comment