Sunday, February 15, 2009

Guitars, soldering, and ???

Ok, I've finally posted some pictures of my new Tele. Tele is short for "Telecaster" - a guitar made famous by Fender and a favorite axe used by many musicians. ■ My "tele" is not made by Fender, but by Stagg. It's an inexpensive copy, but still appears to be made well. (as I'm typing this my fingers and feet are very cold. I think it's a sign of old age. I'm not old, am I?) At any rate I've removed the pickguard and bridge, but I've left the plate and innerds that control the switching of the pickups and tone and volume. I looked at the soldering and decided that it was too complex for me today. I'm going to "relic" the guitar without changing the pickups right now. I'd like to hear how it sounds with the stock set. And, ok, I looked at all of the wires that either needed to be desoldered, or not, and it looks very confusing. That's the real reason for not taking the stock pickups out. ■ Stay tuned for updates. ■ We had ribs on the grill tonight. Holly said they were excellent - and I have to agree. They were very, very good. ■ I almost forgot -- the gig on Saturday night was very good. I'm still not satisifid with my tone, but that's an ongoing internal battle - and probably a "battle" that every musician tangles with. ■



1 comment: