Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A pirate's chest? Yo, ho, ho . . . . . .

Since my wife and her sister are on a cruise, I thought I'd give the title of this post a little, perhaps, Caribbean flavor! The chest is not a pirate's chest and it's not from the Caribbean. My brother gave Holly and I this trunk (a synonym for chest - just not as romantic as a pirate's chest) as a wedding gift. And that was 37 years ago. It contains a treasure trove of old Jeopardy, Monopoly, Risk and other games. We should get rid of the games - who'd know the answer to "Name 5 current Supreme Court justices?" - when the answer is 30+ years old? ■ The chest has seen many, many parties, Chili Fests, holidays and simple "everydays" over that time. In fact this was the chest I lifted that gave me the stress fracture that I have in my back. Actually it wasn't the lifting, but the setting down that gave me the fracture. ■ I'll sit on that chest to watch tv, play guitar, and use it as a table on which to put my food. Mollie, when she was younger, would get up on it to "get closer to people." It's a piece of furniture that we'll never get rid of. ■ I've got an eye doctor's appointment tomorrow morning. Got to get some sleep and ask him why I'm not seeing as well as I used to at night. Ah, aging . . . . . .



No comments:

Post a Comment