Thursday, January 20, 2011

The “simple” jobs that seem to take so long . . . . .

012011_001

It’s always the simple jobs that seem to take way to long!  I need to change the innards of our master bath toilet – and I have done this before, but because it’s in a tight space and my wrench handles are too long (I keep running into the walls while turning the nuts) it’s taking longer than I expected.  For a plumber it’s maybe as 10 minute job.  I’ve been working on this on and off for a couple of hours.  It’ll be done tomorrow.  But I am going to see if I can find the right size crescent wrench with a shorter handle.  Nothing like the right tool for the right job.  One of the reasons that it’s taking so long is that I’m getting winded easily while working on it.  I’m sure that’s a heart not pumping enough oxygenated blood from my heart back into my blood stream.   ■  I am feeling better today than I was the previous few days.  That’s good news.  ■  

1 comment:

  1. I've got a plumber's wrench at the house which reaches down into the tank to loosen those bolts. Can bring it over tomorrow if you still need it.

    ReplyDelete