Saturday, January 15, 2011

Out of the hospital . . .

I finally got released yesterday around 6:00 pm.  I’m on a couple of new meds for my heart problems.  Plural – problems.  AFib and my left ventricle is011511_001 working, but weakly.  At least I’m not hooked up to an IV, or heart monitor.  My left foot hurts and I think it may be gout.  It wasn’t bad yesterday, and the pain was on top of my left foot, but it’s gotten worse and it’s painful to walk.  In the hospital it seems they give you your meds when they feel like it – usually towards the end of the day.  That’s too late to take allopurinol – which prevents a gout attack – it doesn’t cure it.  I think I’ve got a gout attack again.  Bummer.  And I won’t see my doctor until Tuesday.  If this continues, I probably won’t be able to walk tomorrow.  ■  I’m going to limp downstairs with the aid of 2 canes to make some breakfast.  ■

No comments:

Post a Comment