Tuesday, May 4, 2010

It’s been awhile . . . .

050410_001

. . . . since I last blogged.  I’ve been busy – that’s my excuse and I’m stickin’ to it.  ■  I’ve been working on a pen and ink of an apartment building in NY.  It’s interesting to try and draw this one.  Trying to find the right perspective; get dimensions correct; and even try and see the details that need to go into to the drawing – and trying to make what’s important – to stand out.  ■  No work today at the store.  Business has been poor and we’ve lost some more students to baseball and general summer stuff.  I started working there 4 days, then 5, then 6, and now I’m at about 3.  Not good.  The economy needs to pick up – we need more people to get good jobs.  ■  The oil-spill situation in the Gulf has me very concerned.  Not only do we have friends that live on the gulf coast – about a block away from the beach, but the loss of the great seafood also concerns me – as well as all of the fishermen whose livelihood depends on fishing there.  ■  I’m thinking of opening up a facebook page for my pen and ink business.  What do you think about that?  Let me know.  ■

1 comment: