Friday, May 21, 2010

Start to finish . . . . .

052110_001

This is a drawing I did of an apartment building in New York – from pencil sketch to the start to the end.  I wasn’t sure it was going to work – I’d never done an apartment building before – it’s vertical instead of horizontal.  It does make a difference.  But it worked.  And though it’s hard to see – there are pink flamingos on each balcony on the first floor – and a brass doorknob on the building door.  For the brass doorknob I used gold paint that I had bought to do some reverse-glass-painting.  Doing reverse-glass-painting is a whole ‘nother method of painting.  I’ll fill you in on that in a later post.  ■  I’ve been trying to do one pencil sketch a day.  It’s to try and improve my drawing ability.  I’ve been pretty much up to that one-a-day pace, but missed it today.  I’ll post some of them here for you to look at.  ■  And yes, it’s time for bed.  ‘Night. ■

No comments:

Post a Comment