Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A little bit of Kalo . . . . .

I finally got to get to one 051210_001of our Kalo Foundation events today.  Two of our board members gave a presentation on Park Ridge, the arts, and silversmithing.  It was an interesting presentation and well done.  ■  There are a number of other presentations that are being given over the next 2 weeks, but I’m working for most of those.  Bummer.  I’d really like to see and hear the one on Friday given by a family that makes miniature houses/rooms, furnishings, etc.  Think of Colleen Moore’s dollhouse at the Museum of Science & Industry in Chicago.  ■  I’m trying to set a goal of doing one quick pencil sketch a day.  I think it’ll help improve my drawing skills.  ■  I’m a judge for the Lombard Lilac Parade on Sunday.  I’ve been a judge for the past maybe 5 years.  Should be a good time.  ■  As always, time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment