Friday, March 5, 2010

Headaches every day?

030510_001

Years ago I thought I was the only one that got a headache every day.  And I mean every day.  Then one of my co-workers at CINB told me that she too had a headache every day.  So, I’m not alone.  Finally one day some months ago I was sent to a neurologist.  After a brain scan that detected a tumor – that most likely was not the cause of my headaches – he prescribed a med.  I took this med and wonder of wonders – no headache.  However as time wore on the headaches – much lessened – started coming back.  The med was doubled – no headache, but I was a walking zombie until about 11 in the morning.  Back to original dosage.  Headaches were minor, but still there.  I was willing to live with that.  Believe me after 35 years of daily headaches this was still good.  ■  Then a couple of weeks ago arthritis  in my neck hit.  Not only do I have limited movement in my neck, but I have constant headaches.  And these are much worse than the ones I previously had.  These pulsate.  If I turn my head a certain way (and I’m not even sure which way that is at this point) I get sharp pains.  If I turn my head abruptly I get sharp pains.  And they always pulsate.  Pulsate:  a good descriptive word.  It pulsates enough that it wakes me up in the middle of the night.  What a bs way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment