Sunday, October 24, 2010

Home and Blue Herons . . . . . .

102410_001 What a title.  Home and Blue Herons!  That’s a picture of a Blue Heron that my cousin, Tom, took on our boat ride.  We didn’t get that close to it – he had a zoom on his camera, but it was a sight to see!  We don’t have Blue Herons around here – just robins, blue birds, cardinals, sparrows, etc.  ■  Arrived home this afternoon around 3:30, or so.  It was a nice trip except for the deer that ran into me.  Yes, it ran into me, I didn’t run into it.  It hit just aft of the front headlight – on the side.  I’m glad it hit there and not in the front of the car.  I’ve seen cars totaled by deer.  In 40+ years of driving I’ve never, ever hit a deer.  Just some geese.  ■  The new ipad performed beautifully.  I’m glad I bought it.  It’s nice having it in the car – gps so you always know where you’re at – and with 3g it’s pretty fast.  I tried to interest my mother in it, but I think it’s over her head at this point.  Maybe if I had more time . . . ■  The Brushes app I bought for both the ipad and my iphone is really neat.  Lots to learn about it and I’m not a painter, so there’s really a learning curve . . . I’ve got to learn how to paint!  Yet another skill I don’t yet possess.  ■  Time, yes, for bed.  ‘Night. ■

No comments:

Post a Comment