Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A beautiful day in the neighborhood . . .

100610_001

I’ve heard that line somewhere before.  But, it truly was a beautiful day.  In the high 70s, sunny, and I should have rolled up the hose and put it away.  At least it’s disconnected.  I’ll wrap it up tomorrow.  ■  Even the dogs thought it was a beautiful day.  This is their new spot for lying around in the yard – on the corner of the front yard.  That way they can keep an eye in all directions.  Nothing gets past them!  And they spend their time togeth100610_002er as you can see.  They’ve really become buddies over the past few weeks.  In fact I’ve got to kick those buddies off of our bed.  I’ve been kicking them off the bed and shutting the door on them for the past couple of weeks.  They sleep downstairs in the family room and we’re getting much better sleep.  Sunday night I kicked them out, but then left the door open when I crawled in.  I don’t think it took them more than 12 seconds to realize that our door had been left open (this they realized from downstairs) and then hightail it upstairs and jump on our bed – with Abby snuggling up right in-between us.  It’s hard to fool them.  (Oh, I kicked them out again and closed the door.)  ■  Bedtime. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve!
    Thanks for the picture of "our" house! Brigadoon is truly a beautiful neighborhood. Not too many leaves to rake yet though....ah yes, something to look forward to.
    Bob and I will be in Cary for a wedding in a couple of weeks. Hope we can catch up with you and Holly sometime while we're there.
    Roxanne
    P.S. The church ornament turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete