Tuesday, August 31, 2010

. . . and it’s a pain . . . . . .

I can’t explain it.  Saturday night we had a gig at a farm with a pig/corn roast.  Our stage was a flatbed – probably for a tractor, so it’ wasn’t large.  After the first set I got down from the flatbed and landed with my left foot against a pile of gravel and dirt (at a 45º angle) and my right foot flat on the ground.  It hurt briefly and I thought I’d sprained my left ankle.  But, no pain.  The ankle was fine that night (Saturday), fine the next day – and I did a lot of walking on Sunday loading in gear for the Rock-U concert, and it was fine on Monday.  However early this morning (2:00 am) it hurt when I got up to let the dogs our – and it was killing me at 7:30 am when I got up.  The ankle is really swollen now – and it still hurts.  It’s tough having to do stairs.  I put ice on it tonight and it’s seems a bit better.  We’ll see how it feels tomorrow morning.  ---- and here’s the question:  Why would it take so long (2 days) to begin to hurt?  Someone tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment