Monday, May 4, 2009

Fun gig this past Saturday . . . & stuff to learn . . .

050409_001  Here’s a picture of part of the group that comes out to hear us play – part of our “Bullfrog Family & Friends” group.  ■  It felt good to be back on stage and performing.  The last couple of months have been rather lean with gigs.  ■  I had changed strings on my Tele (that’s the guitar I’m playing in the picture), but

050409_002

the G string was way out of tune.  I couldn’t figure it out.  I’d tune the guitar, play a chord, and everything was ok except for the G string.  I tried intonating it, but that wasn’t helping.  I finally found the problem – the G string was sitting on top of the nut – not in the slot cut for the G string in the nut.  Once I fixed that I was able to intonate and tune the guitar.  So much to learn . . . . . . ■  Tomorrow night is a Kalo Foundation meeting.  I’m going to try and get to that, if possible.  ■

No comments:

Post a Comment