Saturday, May 23, 2009

Awake at 3:00 am . . .

052309_001

Decoration Day – the original name for Memorial Day – how could I have forgotten that?  It was Decoration Day when I was a child and formally changed to Memorial Day in 1967.   The first memorial day was observed in 1865.  That’s a long time ago – at least for me.  ■  Yesterday was a beautiful day – temps in the mid to high 60s and low humidity.  Today is supposed to be a little warmer.  ■  Time to get back to bed . . . . . more later . . . . . .  ■  6:30 am:  I climbed into bed, but never got to sleep as the dogs wanted to be fed and go outside.  So, I got up fed the girls and let them outside – only to have Zoe barking immediately.  She was barking at a deer – probably a yearling.  It wasn’t very big and it retreated to a neighbor’s yard.  Both the dogs and the deer stared at each other for a couple of minutes before the deer left.  Time for another try at catching a little sleep.  ■ 

No comments:

Post a Comment