Saturday, June 9, 2012

Where does the time go?

I see once again I haven’t posted for awhile.  Where does the time go?  ■  Today plumbing occupied my day.  The outdoor spigot that we always use to water our plants has been dripping – worse this year than in others.  I decided to try and fix it with my neighbors help.  What I thought would be a 10 minute project turned into a hunt for parts.  Turn off the water; get spigot apart;  need at least a new washer if not total new part; run to Ace in Cary, Ferguson Plumbing Supply in Crystal Lake (closed at 5:00 & I got there at 5:15; Home Depot; Menards; and finally Ace in Fox River Grove.  No one had the washer I needed.  Headed home and Jac (our miracle man neighbor) had left some liquid silicon which would help the bad washer hold up.  We reinstalled the old parts and it worked!  By saying “it worked” I mean that when I turned the water back on there were no leaks.  ■  With that said, I’m beat and going to bed.  ‘Night. ■

2 comments:

  1. Oh.. Judging from your story, it seems you looked far and wide just to find a new washer. Why didn't you ask Jac before you started looking? Was he busy at that time? Anyway, you still need to buy a new washer. Liquid silicon is only a remedy to prevent the water from leaking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Bibi,

    Ended up replacing the whole thing. I knew the silicon was temporary, but I needed to get the water back on in the house. Still have some more plumbing to replace. I thank my neighbor, Jac, for his "assistance" - heck he did almost the whole thing. Jac's skills and knowledge are in a whole new universe than mine.

    ReplyDelete