Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Deer with broken leg . . . sad

Last night while driving home I saw two deer by the intersection of High Road and Berridale.  One had crossed High Road and was waiting for the other one to make it’s way down the slope of a yard across the street.  That deer had a broken right front leg.  I could see it limping slowly towards the street and to its friend.  It brought tears to my eyes as I’m sure the deer won’t survive.  Some of the terrain around here is too steep for it to navigate with the broken leg.  I wonder if I’ll see it again.   ■  Went to the rheumatologist today.  What I thought was arthritis in my arms turns out to be tendonitis.  I probably brought it on carrying band equipment.  Unfortunately most of the equipment we haul and setup is in excess of 40+ lbs.  I guess that’s part of me getting older.  The doc did give me some exercises to work on that will help alleviate it.  I’ve already started doing those.  ■  Bullfrog booked a gig for October.  It’s a private party on a Saturday afternoon.  Should be fun.  ■   

No comments:

Post a Comment