Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lunch at the Tracks . . . and it’s HOT out!

071410_001

My next-door-neighbor and I went to the Tracks, a local bar, for lunch.  The Tracks has great burgers!  It’s hard to eat a whole burger and there’s no way I could even come close to putting a dent in the curly fries.  A couple of cold beers and a great burger.  What a fine lunch.  ■  It’s hot and humid out.  The heat is bad enough, but the humidity is a killer.  I think it’s supposed to be like this for the next couple/few days.  ■  Abby, the new puppy, continues to get comfortable in her new home.  She’s learned to open the zippers on Holly’s laptop carrier so she can get at the now empty containers of food that Holly had for lunch.  Other than that she was a pretty good girl today (oh, except for digging in Holly’s flower beds . . . )  ■  This weekend Holly’s going on a “girl’s weekend”, so I’ll be left to my own devices.  I’m thinking of trying to cook fish.  I can grill salmon without a problem, but I need to learn to cook stuff like catfish.  My horizons need to be expanded.  Now to find some recipes that I can do on the grill . . . . . ■ 

1 comment:

  1. Tell your next door neighbor to get a job -- he's already hanging out at bars during the day. :-)

    ReplyDelete