Thursday, August 20, 2009

It’s Thursday already?

It’s 2:00 am and the pain in my feet woke me up.  My right foot is swollen and is throbbing.  I’ve taken one of the pain pills to see if it works.  ■  Now I’m just waiting to get tired again, so I can crawl back in bed.  ■  11:25 am – Got back to sleep – finally.  Got up about 6:30 am, took a shower, and waited until 8:15 am when I drove to the doctor’s office.  I told them that I had gout and that my rheumatologist wanted me to visit their office and have fluid drawn from the infected gouty joints.  Back out to the car and drove to the rheumatologist’s office.  From car to office building; to elevator to 2nd floor to his office.  The nurse at the front desk said “uh, oh.  He’s only in this office on Tuesdays.”  I guess I have to schedule my gout attacks.  Anyway, back to the car in the parking lot; back to my doc’s office;  blah, blah, blah.  I’ve got an appointment for 3:00 pm this afternoon.  My right foot, ankle, and calf are seriously aching from all the walking.  I’ve spent the last hour+ in bed taking the weight off the foot – and it still aches.  ■  

1 comment: