Friday, August 14, 2009

Drawing old homes you love . . . . .

081409_002

I know this picture isn’t great – it’s actually off a screen capture from Google maps – but it’s my grandparent’s (my mother’s side) home in Evanston.  There are a ton of good, old memories of mine of the home.  It wasn’t big.  Only 2 bedrooms and 1 bath.  The garage was off the alley in the back.  It had a small, homey kitchen, a living room/dining room and a sun porch off of the dining room.  The yard was small, but it was full of butterflies.  Beautiful monarchs as well as other species.  We’d catch the butterflies with our fingers and then let them go.  I have many happy memories of that house.  ■  The arthritis is still going on in my left foot.  The right foot is pretty good, except my right toe has been giving me pain today.  I hope it’s not gout.  ■  Tomorrow I have to do some drawing, cut the grass, and then a gig at night.  ■  Bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment