Monday, June 8, 2009

A nice weekend – and the Cubs won . . . . .

060809_001

It was a nice weekend.  Friday night was relaxing.  Saturday night Bullfrog had a gig.  The gig went well.  The only  “bad” thing is that we play until 2:00 am and I don’t even get home until after 3:00 am.  Am I getting too old for this????  No.  ■  Somehow I ran across an old song from the 70s - “Lake Shore Drive” by Aliotta, Haynes, & Jeremiah.  What memories.  ■■■  A little continuing research into the song and the band shows that Ted Aliotta is still around the area playing – as Ted Aliotta and The Groove Machine.  I remember seeing them at Lenny The Legends – a bar in McHenry.  We must have played  there the same night they did.  And a little more research shows that John Jeremiah and his brother Jim are playing as a band called Bullfrog down in southern Illinois.  Yet another Bullfrog band!  ■  I’ll have to put together a chart of all the Bullfrog bands I find.  Hmmm . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment