Thursday, December 24, 2015

It’s the morning before Christmas …..

And all throught the house; folks were still sleeping; thank goodness no mouse.

I’ve purchased some things; to give as for gifts; I’m not sure I can find ‘em; my head’s in a tiff.

Flashlights and letters; candles and flame; if I can’t find these gifts; it’s only me to blame.

I’ve got bacon to smoke; a salmon too; got to get busy; there’s so much to do.

Got to get flowers; to pretty our table; that’s a quick run to Jewel; when I’m able.

Got a drawing to redo; it just didn’t turn out right; only one more; before I turn out the light.

I need to jump in the shower; and put on some clothes; pick up some dog stuff; that doesn’t smell like a rose.

We’ve got a new dog; Fern is her name; this is her first Christmas; will anything be the same?

She slept with us last night; curled up by my side; my arm around her for protection; to make her feel safe inside.

Abby slept with us too; she’s a sweetheart, you know; a bit big for the bed; but goes with the flow.

And now I must end; this missive for the year;  got shopping to do; before that first beer.

More later – maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment