Sunday, March 18, 2012

End of another weekend . . .

031812_001. . . and on to the start of another week.  ■  Quiet weekend this one.  Worked Saturday then did steak on the grill Saturday night.  Holly had gone to Green Bay to see her mother, so it was just the girls and I.  I had planned to do steak on the grill and bang, bang shrimp on Sunday, but we just weren’t hungry enough for both.  So we just had bang, bang shrimp.  Excellent.  ■  I’ve got two doctor’s appointments this week.  O’ joy.  ■  Our son is back in San Diego as of Saturday.  They ended up not needing him to deploy to the middle east.  ■  The pic is of an old guitar I have – a Goya (Korean Martin) and an old Laney AOR 30 amp.  The guitar is one of my favorites.  The way the bridge is set negates the guitar from ever intonating accurately.   The G and the B strings are always a little out.  Frustrating, but for noodling around and song writing it’s perfect.  The Laney amp was built in the 80s.  It’s a very warm tube amp – probably my favorite, but it’s really not gigable as the handle is not secure (not that that couldn’t be fixed), but it’s also heavy.  ■  Worked on a couple of new Abby & Zoe cards.  Those are the cards I give to our driveup bank tellers when we go to the bank – with the dogs, of course.  ■

No comments:

Post a Comment