Friday, February 10, 2012

Up All Night . . . and sad news . . .

021012_001

I ran out of my sleep prescription meds and was basically up all night.  I’ve spent all day running about on the phone, net, and in the car chasing medical stuff.  Seems the new insurance company we have won’t pay for my sleep med.  It’s now going to cost me $171 every month.  If I don’t get it my lack of sleep puts my heart in AFIB.  That’s a life-threatening and stroke threatening condition.  If I were a insurance company I wouldn’t want to pay that either, but then again I doubt they do pay that much.  The pharmaceutical company has their prices jacked-up.  The med I take is a generic one – not the “brand name” version.  ■  On a brighter note I do some much-needed updates on the Kalo Foundation website.  And on a continuing bright note, the drawing above is a sketch of “Rocket Billy’s” in White Stone, Virginia.  Our daughter and son-in-law were married out there.  ■  On a sad note, my old brother-in-law passed away last night.  We’re waiting to see what the funeral arrangements will be.  ■  Off to the pharmacy to pick up my med.  ■

No comments:

Post a Comment