Monday, October 3, 2011

Watercolors ????????

Watercolors – what was I thinking?  Actually I was thinking it wouldn’t be too hard.  Wrong!  I haven’t worked with watercolors since high school except for a couple of weak tries a few years ago.  I was commissioned to try and do ↓100311_001a watercolor of a landscape.  Shouldn’t be too hard, I thought.  Wrong!  It’s much tougher than I had expected.  If you look down a couple of posts where I did a watercolor wash of a pen and ink – well that turned out pretty well.  Not so the landscape.   I’ve tried 4 different times – too busy, too broad-colored, too stiff.  Nothing seems to be working.  I may be that I’m trying to fit all of it in to an 8x10 inch drawing area.  That doesn’t give much room for the detail that I see in my mind’s eye.  Live and learn.  At any rate my client doesn’t need the drawing – good news from an artistic standpoint – bad news from an income side.  ■  Still a lot going on.  The girls (Abby & Zoe) and I will make a trip to the bank tomorrow.  That means a new card from the girls to our favorite tellers.  ■  I also need to mow the yard tomorrow.  It’s finally in need of mowing after being dry for so long.  ■  And I need to get out and take some photos of homes and businesses that I’ve been needing to take for so long.  My camera’s on the charger and will be ready to go tomorrow.  ■  TFB.  ‘Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment