Friday, October 21, 2011

Poor Abby . . . . .

102111_001

Abby has heartworm.  It’s a serious thing and today we had our first of three shots for curing it.  The shots are apparently somewhat painful – they’re given in her back – and she’ll have soreness in her back for at least a couple of days.  The pain started soon after the shot.  She just can’t get comfortable.  I’ve got some pain pills for her – which I gave her 1 today and will give her 1 tomorrow.  She’s such a sweet dog.  I think she’ll end up sleeping with us tonight.  Sort of like when one of our kids was ill.  Sleeping with Mom & Dad made things better.  ■   Tomorrow (actually today since I’m up so late) the weather should be better – no rain, I hope – and I’ll be able to get the grass cut.  ■  Holly’s off to a girl’s weekend, so the girls and I will be together – all sleeping on our bed, I’m sure.  ■  Send some hugs and kisses for Abby.  She needs them.  ■  Off to bed.  ‘Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment