Friday, April 29, 2011

Almost the weekend . . . .

042911_001I can’t believe that I haven’t posted anything for a week!  I’ve just been busy, which is good, but leaves little time for the blog.  ■  Had a couple of porterhouse steaks on the grill last night along with a new favorite of ours – onions done in a foil pack with some butter and some Cavendars seasoning.  Unbelievably good.  ■  Today Holly got 3 slabs of ribs to do on the grill on either Saturday, or Sunday.  ■  I’m always looking for software that will make me either more productive, or solve some problem.  This week I downloaded and installed LibreOffice – an open source replacement for Microsoft Office.  This one looks like it has a decent database as a replacement for Microsoft Access.  I can’t wait to dig into that one.  I love database development.  ■  I also installed a Chrome extension called Quick Note.  I think Quick Note is also available for FireFox.  It’s nice because you can quickly pop it up – make a quick note and then that note automatically syncs with your online account with Diigo.com.  I can now access my notes from my pc, my iphone, or my ipad.  Evernote does much the same thing, but I haven’t played around with Evernote very much.  ■  Need to get to bed.  It’s already tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment