Thursday, September 4, 2008

Everyone's ok

All of our friends in Baton Rouge are ok. That's great news. We were worried about them with Gustav. Unfortunately hurricane season isn't over. Hanna, classified a tropical storm is coming and Ike, already classified as a hurrican is in the Alantic and coming towards the U.S. All of these hurricanes form off the coast of Africa and move east towards the Gulf of Mexico. When I was in the Navy we'd run into, or rather away from typhoons. A typhoon is a hurricane - it's just in a different part of the world and thus carries a different name. Go figure. ■ I'm still working on getting my new pc up to speed. And my wife's pc died, so I have 2 pcs to get up and running. Lots of work to do on that. ■ We finally had some rain. Not a lot, but at least some. And it's supposed to rain again tomorrow. The grass has turned brown - we need the rain right now. ■ Time for bed. In fact it's way past time for bed. Good night!


No comments:

Post a Comment