Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Zoe: Aug, 1999 – Oct, 2015

102715_001_Zoe

Zoe, sweet Zoe.  I can’t believe you’re gone.  At night you’d use your head to poke my office door open, stick your head in looking at me until I opened the door and let you in.  Then it was the stare-down until I caved in and gave you the dog biscuit you desired.  After that you’d turn in circles for some time until you finally curled up on the floor.  This was our quality time.  Just the two of us together – our hour of quiet companionship.  You’re with me and I’m with you.  As I look around at my office floor I see a piece of Kleenex that you dug out of the waste basket.  Couldn’t keep your nose out of the garbage.  I think I’ll leave that paper there for awhile.  I’m not in any hurry to pick it up.  I remember that you used to sleep with us every night on the bed – until your poor back legs wouldn’t let you hop up anymore.  After that you slept on the floor on one side or another.  I can remember dropping my hand down from the bed and feeling you curled up on the floor.  You always wanted to be close to people.  Always wanted to please.  Oh, Zoe, I miss you.  This has hit me much harder than I ever thought it would. 

No comments:

Post a Comment