Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Digital painting . . . . .

012015_001

I thought this year – ok, last year (Christmas, 2014) that I’d attempt some digital painting.  I’ve done my Abby & Zoe cards, but never tried to do something serious.  I’m terrible at people/faces, etc., but painting something digitally gives one the opportunity to erase, or paint over areas with ease.  Even though you’re painting over ‘mistakes’, it doesn’t mean that you’re not going to make mistakes with your ‘corrections’.  Kudos to the folks that can really paint and have the painting of the person actually look like that person.  That’s really tough.  At any rate I did a total of five paintings.  The one above is the first one and it’s of Rosemary and Maggie Byrd – their first time in snow.  The green tennis ball (yes, it’s a tennis ball) is for Beau, their dog who has a never ending game of “throw the ball and I’ll bring it back.”  ■  I’ll post the other four in my posts here over the next few days.  ■

No comments:

Post a Comment