Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Defibrillator this morning . . . .

110512_001

On Saturday I worked while Holly and Ellyn tore the carpeting off the stairs.  Still some pieces to get off that are stapled into the joints, but it’s lookin’ good.  ■  Cheryl and Stephanie stopped over and Stephanie asked me if I could play a song at her upcoming wedding.  I’m honored to be asked.  Now I’ve got to learn the song, but I’ve got time to do that.  ■  Saturday night Holly and I and Ellyn and her sister Nola went to a local restaurant/bar to have dinner and hear the Wiggelos play.  It was fun.  ■  Sunday we went to our friends Dave & Debbie’s home for cribbage.  We don’t play cribbage anymore – haven’t in years – but it’s an excuse to get our cribbage friends together once a month.  ■  And that brings us to today – Monday.  I’m leaving home in about 15 minutes to go to our local hospital to have a defibrillator implanted in my chest.  It’ll help control the afib that I’ve had a couple of times.  Am I nervous?  Yeah, a little.  The surgeon has to fish a wire through a vein into my heart.  Yes, that makes me a little nervous.  ■  If you don’t see anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment