Saturday, November 8, 2014

Afib and siding . . . .

Had an appointment with my cardiologist on Thursday.  Everything was normal until he took my pulse.  He then said “we’re going to do an EKG110814_001.”  Nurse came in; hooked me up to the EKG machine; ran the test; and said you’re in Afib.  This is the 3rd time I’ve been in Afib.  The first two were resolved with electro-cardioversion.  ▄  Electrical cardioversion is a procedure in which an electric current is used to reset the heart's rhythm back to its regular pattern (normal sinus rhythm). The low-voltage electric current enters the body through metal paddles or patches applied to the chest wall. ▄  I got a burn from the last one I had done.  They had to hit me twice to turn the ol’ engine over.  I’ve got an appointment in a few weeks to see him again and decide what should, or shouldn’t be done.  ■ ■  Our house is getting new siding.  They’ve taken the old siding off, insulated it, wrapped it and are in the process of install the new siding.  It should look nice.  ■  Cribbage tonight.  We’re hosting it.  ■

No comments:

Post a Comment